Friday, August 13, 2010

A Murse By Any Other Name

New kick ass laptop? Check
Power cord? Check
Brain for writing? Check
Hands for writing? Check
Bag? Big ol check.

But which bag? I got two for the laptop. Both roomy and more pockets then the New Mutants and both really cool. One of them is my Alpinestars back pack from my motorcycle riding days. Padded like all hell for laptop protection with double twinning and tough ass plastic and enough to hold a day and halfs worth of clothes, food and other random crap. Plus to show how tough it is, it’s the backpack I crashed my bike with it on. And it’s still going strong. I mean things kicks ass for sliding across the 405 FWY at 60 miles an hours.

And on the other corner you have my messenger bag. 4 years of reliable Swiss technology to help make sure shit does not get fucked up. Fast easy access and enough sleeves to hold documents in a professional manner for quick access. Plus it looks more professional like I am a professional on the go for a professional reason. You should check me out with it as I’m dressed up.

But however I did not know until recently it was considered a man purse. It was just a messenger bag and it’s been around a for a long time. Great men have worn such bags:


Dr. Henry Jones Jr.





Jack Bauer







Um…well…I can see why they went with Don Cheadle. Unless he’s got a gat in that purse…which I can’t imagine be that big





Hugh Jackman





Green Goblin








William Shatner




Now I always thought a man purse was something that Terrance Howard was holding. Or something like that with a damn starp on it. Something that actually looks like a purse. I have a bag. Man bag…well I just prefer messenger bag. The moment you put man in front of anything these days it turns unmanly. Example:
Deadpool-Manpool
Wedding band-Wedding man band
Tentacle-Manacle
Chicken-man chicken
Meal-Man meal
Lil Bow wow-Grown man bowwow
Sex-Man sex

See? So for me, I just wear whatever the situation demands. Am I just going to book store to write? Messenger bag.
Job interview? Messenger bag
Airport travel? Toss up
Bicycle or motorcycle? Back pack

I say thee nay on this man purse tag of this inept metro society. It’s only a purse if it looks like a purse. Hell, I need to grab shit quickly on occasion. So messenger bag is needed. Unless of course it really DOES look like a purse you got, like something William Shatner has. Captain Kirk, needs to man up and fuck a green woman already.

So when it comes down to it, a bag would be better becaus the other alternative is to have strap on pockets...and you know how I feel about that...


1 comment: